Warrior Theatre/DRAMA CLUB Meeting Monday, February 6th 3-3:45PM in the PAC (Stage Combat with common objects) OUAM cast excused.
THESPIAN INDUCTION INVITES/RSVP and payment due by April 6, 2023 ($35 for WHS or $17 for WJHS)
Senior Showcase/Induction Ceremony/Banquet ( April 29, 2023 @5PM IN Cafe for banquet, move to PAC for inductions, followed by senior showcase.)
All Theatre Seniors may submit a showcase performance in acting, comedy, dance, vocals, or improv. All pieces must be approved by March 20, 2023.
August 29, 2022, 3:00 PM-3:45 PM at Wayne High School Performing Arts Center (junior high students must have transportation to and from meetings).
MEMBERSHIP FORM: Wayne HS students have a $25 activity fee payable to the bursar or at the first meeting. Checks are made payable to HHCS-Drama. Be sure to put the student(s)' name in memo.
POSTPONED-Winter One-Act Marathon
Now January 6th and 7th at 7PM
Drama Club CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE (WHITE ELEPHANT GIFT)
December 19 3-3:45
AUDITIONS DATES FOR 2022-2023 Season
FALL PLAY Dracula September 6 & 7
WINTER ONE- ACTS Exposure (social media can be a nightmare) Nov. 7 & 8
NEW: Weisenborn Junior High Dr. Jekyll, Please Don’t Hyde: Musical Auditions Nov. 14-16
HS SPRING MUSICAL considering Once Upon a Mattress Jan. 23-26
SENIOR SHOWCASE Submissions DUE Mar. 20 (live or video submissions)
International Thespian SocietyThe
is an organization for students to explore and gain skills in the performing arts. Students begin by joining the Drama Club and acquiring mentors and technical skills. As students progress, opportunities to participate in productions will arise. Students may select technical or performance areas for initiation. Students are expected to accept a role or a position in two of the five to seven productions Wayne High School presents. The friendships and experiences in this society last a lifetime. To be eligible for lifetime Thespian membership, students in grades 9-12 must earn 10 points or 100 hours of theatre service. If in junior high, Junior Thespians grades 6-8 must earn 5 points or 50 hours. The first 5 points must be earned through direct service at Wayne High School or Weisenborn Junior High School.
Love Theatre? Do you want to leave your mark on the program? SPONSOR A SEASON/ PRODUCTION! form
Sponsors are needed for this season!
Drama Club is the launching point for students interested in theatre. A yearly fee of $25 is required payable to the bursar by September 14, 2022. Students pay additional fees for transportation and registration to attend conferences, and workshops, to become part of Muse Machine productions, and to become initiated in the basic theatre. Students begin to earn points toward Thespian status while working on productions for Wayne High School or Weisenborn Junior High School. All students are welcome to collaborate respectfully and encourage others in the love of the Fine and Performing arts. Drama Club meets twice a month. Fundraising is necessary to maintain this program. No board budget is provided.
Meeting Dates for 2022-2023 Mondays Tentative Dates
2022-2023 Productions and Ticket sales Booktix COMING SOON
- DRAMA. Dracula
- Auditions September 6 & 7 4-6 PM in the Performing Arts Center
- Rehearsals: Mondays-Tuesdays 4-6 PM (Strict attendance policy, 90% required)
- Performances: October 27, 28, 29, 2022 (Thursday is an in-school) Friday 7PM &Saturday 1PM & 7 PM
- Personal Make-up kits are required ($10 cost). Some costumes will be provided.
Winter Audition Form Pending
- Winter One-Act Festival: Exposure and Student-produced and/or written plays.
- Auditions: November 7-8, 2022 4-6 Pm in the Performing Arts Center
- Rehearsals: Mondays and Tuesdays 4-6 PM (certain one-acts assigned days)
- Performances: January 5 (in-school),6 & 7 2023 @ 7 PM
- No makeup kits are required but recommended
- JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL Winter Musical Dr. Jekyll Please Don't Hyde 60-minute performance
- Auditions November 14&16 6-7 PM in the Performing Arts Center. Cold reads and a 1-minute selection of a song to be performed.
- Performances January 13 &14, 2023 in the Performing Arts Center at 7 PM Friday and 1 PM Saturday. Set Strike to Follow.
- MAKEUP kits are required, and some costume pieces are required. Suggested kits and required costume pieces will go home November 30th
- Combined Grades Musical Once Upon a Mattress
- Auditions January 23-26 3:30-5:30 PM 2023 in the Performing Arts Center
- Dance: January 26, 2023 3:30-5:30 PM
- Rehearsals: starting Jan. 30 Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday vocals/blocking 3-6 PM and listed Saturdays for choreography/Set Construction (Strict attendance policy, 90% required)
- Performance: March 23, 24, & 25 (23rd in school) 24th @7M, 25th 1PM Dinner and 7PM evening performance with MANDATORY Set Strike to follow)
Fall Conference ONE DAY ONLY
Saturday, November 5 | 9 am - 4 pm
Westerville Central High School (College Unified auditions for seniors, 9-12 one-act competition, workshops, Thespys and more.
SAVE THE DATE 2022-2023
November 5, 2022 - Westerville Central HS - Fall Conference - Ohio Unified, All-Ohio Audition/Interview (seniors only), Thespy Competition, Troupe Leadership Training, One-Act Competition for 9-12 grade.
- February 10&11, 2023 - Location Miller School for Visual and Performing Arts: AKRON, OHIO...PARENT MUST ATTEND if we are staying in a hotel...long drive. - Junior Thespian Conference -(cost is est. $180 per student) Workshops, one-acts, a day of fun for 6-8 grade.
April 14-15, 2023 (This is during our spring break) - Riverside HS - Spring Thespian Conference - Workshops, Mainstage, Marathon show, Thespy Showcase, Tech Challenge, and more for 9-12 grade.
Thespian Officers 2022-2023
- President-Justice Appleberry
- Vice President-Ja’mia Steele
- Secretary-Aviana Calhoun
- Treasurer-Summer Tobierre
- Scribe- Jenna Roberts
- Publistorian-Emily Barlow
Thespian Awards 2020-2021
Best Thespian- Justice Appleberry
Most Improved-Steven Bartee, III
Audacity Award-Ja’mia Steele
Best Techie-Summer Tobierre
Senior-Baylee Abele/Kamea Blaine
MVHSTA SHOWCASE AND AWARDS
Showcase: Justice Appleberry and Jenna Roberts
Merit Lead Actress in a Play
Baylee Abele “Hawkins” Men On Boats
Merit Makeup Design
Aviana Calhoun The Odd Couple
Merit Lighting Design
Summer Tobierre Men On Boats
Honoree: Honorary Thespians for service to theatre
- If your business or organization is interested in sponsoring one of our productions, click here for more information.
- Welcome, Shannon Kernan to Co-Directing on All Shows. Congratulations to all showcase nominees and performers.
Find Theatre Resources in the Library